When information, collected by the various branches of the Black Order and sent to the European Branch Headquarters for analysis, seems to indicate the possible involvement of Innocence in located instances of paranormal activity, Finders are dispatched to determine the exact cause of the anomalies. If they suspect/determine Innocence is involved, they contact Headquarters and attempt to secure said Innocence. If they run into issues, namely with Akuma, they call for Exorcist backup.
The most distinct part of their uniform is the long, cream-colored, hooded jackets they wear, which are lined with zippers on the left and the right breast. Other than that, they seem to wear little else or whatever they choose underneath.
After the move to the new Headquarters location, the Finders uniforms underwent an upgrade alongside the uniforms of the other Black Order personnel; the jackets now bear a sleeker design and are now shorter, ending at mid-thigh. They no longer bear hoods, instead having marks of rank on the left breast and flapped pockets instead of zippers.
When deployed in groups for investigation or retrieval missions, finders are organized in units. Each unit seems to be led by a finder who gives his name to the unit.
- Beecham's unit: A Unit sent to capture Allen Walker during his mare. They caught Johnny Gill's golem and locked it with their own golems's abilities. They contacted Decker's team to tell them to surround the area. They were knocked off by Howard Link afterwards.
- Decker's team: Also sent to capture Allen Walker, they were ordered to surround the area. Danny and Deams are presumably from this unit.
Abilities and EquipmentEdit
Several Finders are seen carrying large, metal boxes on their backs which they wear using straps, much like a backpack. These boxes have a corded telephone receiver on the back, and do not seem to require any external connection to make calls to the Black Order.
Recently, the backpacks seem to have been replaced with smaller, lighter cloth sling bags, though whether or not they bear the same built-in telephone features as the old backpacks is yet to be seen.
Talismans, seen in several forms (including but not limited to lamps, round shields and heavy duty ballistic shields), are devices that work using unknown mechanisms to form cubed barriers of light that block/contain Akuma. Use is not indefinite; talismans run on battery power that will run out after extended use.Template:Clr
- Lamp-type Talisman: One of the initial lamp-form talismans seems to be enough to hold a Level 1 Akuma at bay, though as soon as that Akuma began to evolve, the barrier was easily broken. Talismans can word as stand-alone devices, or more talismans can be added to an existing barrier to strengthen the effect. The lamp-form talismans also feature a code option that locks the barrier in place until someone who knows the code enters it to regain control of the talisman.Template:Clr
- Shield-type Talisman: Later, the more powerful, ballistic shield-type talismans are seen being used en masse to contain a Level 4, though said Level 4 made sure it was perfectly obvious that it could break the barrier whenever it chose to.Template:Clr
- Round shield Talisman: Most recently, the lamp-form talismans have been replaced with round shields bearing a Cross fleury. These talismans saw the first mention of any sort of battery-powered usage, though the functionality is the same as the initial talismans.Template:Clr